Why should children receive chiropractic care?
There are many reasons children should receive chiropractic care. To answer this question simply, we can give 3 reasons that can categorize them all.
1. Life is an adventure.
2. Children are growing all the time.
3. We want to keep them OFF drugs, right?
Life is an adventure that starts at birth. By the time a new infant is in a mother’s arms for the first time they have been through a lot! Birth itself, although beautiful and a miracle, is also kind of a trauma. At Trinity Dr Bryson adjusts infants to correct any stress that the birth could have on their spine and developing nervous system. Left uncorrected this trauma can be the cause of many of the most common newborn health “ailments”. From colic, breathing problems, sleeping difficulties, nursing troubles, allergic reactions and chronic infections can often be traced to the stress of birth on the babies body.
The adventure continues as the little one learns to hold up their head, sit, crawl and walk. These are all stages where toppling and tumbling and sleeping in odd angles occurs. And the older they get the more everyday is full of playing and climbing and discovering, later bike riding, skating and sports. Along the way there will be many bumps and bruises, falls and triumphs. By regularly seeing Dr. Bryson parents of growing kids can make sure that their baby’s spine stays free from mal-alignment throughout the adventures of life!
Children are growing all the time and we all want them to grow up healthy and strong, right? Chiropractic care can help do just that. By seeing a chiropractor regularly a parent can make sure that their child stays on the right track. The human body is a complex web of muscles that are all interrelated. If your child has a tight muscle in one part of their body they may begin using their other muscles in a new way to compensate for this “dysfunction”. The longer the are allowed to do this the harder this problem will be to correct later in life. Also, subtle trauma throughout childhood may affect the future development of the spine leading to impaired nervous system function. Any interference to the vital nerve system will adversely affect the body’s ability to function at its best.
Let’s keep them off drugs. No one likes to see their child in pain or ill. Seeing a chiropractor can actually help your kid’s bodies to fight off illnesses and even prevent them. By keeping their nervous system and immune system functioning at its’ fullness regular chiropractic can help keep your children healthier. But if your child is already sick Dr. Bryson can help them feel better faster without the use of drugs! Parents come to our office seeking care for conditions such as colic, ear infections, asthma, allergies and headaches (to name a few) because they have heard from other parents that chiropractic care can help. And it can!
Will it hurt?
Dr. Bryson loves children, in fact he has 4 of his own. His kids love to climb up on his table to get adjustments. And parents tell us that many kids like to play, “Dr. Bo” at home. When you bring your child in Dr. Bryson will get a medical history from you and will also do an exam to determine what problems might exist. When treating a child the adjustment procedures are modified to fit the child’s size, weight, and unique spinal condition. Dr. Bryson’s treatments are gentle and are specific to the child’s developing spinal structures. Most of our young patients really enjoy coming to see us and they also enjoy playing with the toys in our office. Their parents enjoy having healthy kids!!!
Other child related resources:
- Colicky baby: Some helpful tips include: (1) Hold baby close and bounce gently/rhytmiically on a stability ball – the motion often helps (2) Bicycle the legs or perform a gentle massage (3) Try an Amber necklace found at circle ME – great for colic and teething (4) Try Fennel Tea. Fennel is known to help ease gas and overall digestive tract discomfort. Click here to learn how to make it. (5) Breath, relax and know you are doing a great job even on those long, hard days!
- Sleeping problems: I was once told that once you become a parent you never sleep again or learn to function on very little sleep. How true that feels sometimes. For helpful adivce visit No Cry Sleep Solution
- Ear infections: Dr. Sears, a renowned pediatrician, gives parents helpful advice. Click on the title to learn more! Ear Infections: What can you do?
- Vaccinations: Two resources that address both sides of the issue. In the wake of vaccines & Vaccine Safety
- Have you ever wondered what God thought of childbirth? This article from spirit-led childbirth explains. Read and enjoy!
- Breastfeeding is best for the mom and child. Click here to find out why.