For the health care professional (MD, DO, PT & others) the chiropractic profession can be very confusing. Many are concerned with referring patients to a chiropractor because he or she is either confused about what chiropractic treatment really is or previously had a negative experience. It could also be that you have heard negative stories about chiropractic care. Because there are many myths about chiropractic care, we wrote something to help relieve any fear or concern you may have. Click here to read. Plus, we wrote a small booklet to help you even further understand chiropractic. Please click here to read that.
The rest of this section is to let you, the health-care professional, know how we can help your patients and how you can help our patients. The fact is that manual medicine and active care (that is chiropractic at its’ best) when married has shown the best results. The gold standard of manual medicine has been shown to be the following:
- Rehabilitation/ Functional reactivation
- Advice (work, movement, and lifestyle including nutrition)
- Soft tissue and Muscle work
Dr. Bryson has had extensive training in all the above areas and truly promotes an active care model.
What happens when a patient comes to see us? A clinical examination will be performed which may include one of the following:
- A thorough history and review of previous exams and imaging.
- Evaluation for red flags and level of chronicity.
- Postural and Gait Analysis
- Functional testing and movement screening
- Neurodynamic testing (if indicated)
- Functional orthopedic testing (if indicated)
- Palpation of soft tissues and joints
- Stabilization challenges and testing
- A review and examination of Bio-psycho-social factors and fear avoidance issues.
- Report of findings and thorough explanation of treatment and/or co-treatment options.
After the above examination; a treatment plan with be formed with a combination of the following treatment options:
- Soft tissue techniques for trigger point referral pain.
- Myofascial release for shortened/over-active muscles.
- Joint manipulation for joint driven pain.
- Stabilization and movement therapy for disc and/or instability driven pain.
- Re-activation of key dysfunctional links.
- Functional re-activation and/or performance enhancement.
- At home and work activities to alleviate problems and prevent re-injury.
All patients are different and so are their treatment plans. Depending on the acute or chronic nature of the problem an initial program will be developed for that person. Constant audits of improvement will be made and documented. Dispelling fear-avoidance beliefs and reassurance will be addressed immediately and throughout the treatment plan.
If you have any questions or would like to arrange a meeting or presentation for you office, please feel free to contact us. We hope this helps you in making your referral choice with Trinity Chiropractic.