It has been just under a week since our 45+ hour burpee trek. It was hard. It was rewarding. It was worth it. Now that I have had time to reflect and appreciate what was accomplished; I stand amazed at the effort, encouragement and support of so many that helped bless and strengthen our community. Truly thankful!
Five things I learned from Burpee like BA:
1. One person may have the idea or dream but it takes a team of people with unique-and-equally important giftings to make it happen. No one can do it alone. We were never created to do that! (Ecc. 4:9-12)
2. There are many who say it is impossible. There are a few who say you can. Listen to the few! (Philip. 4:13)
3. There will be moments when you want to quit. Don’t! (Heb. 12:11)
4. Set a goal. Go for it. However, do not forget about the life that surrounds you every moment of every day while you pursue that goal. If you achieve your goal but your life falters, what was the point anyway? Know what truly matters! (Mark 8:36)
5. Have a steady mind & thankful heart. Give it all you got & never-ever underestimate the power of prayer. You can do it! (Is. 26:3)
Until our next BA adventure…keep your eyes clear and your heart full.