There is probably much you do not know about the why & how of chiropractic. You may think chiropractic is only for people with low back pain or headaches. While chiropractic has had great success with these two ailments, the greater purpose of chiropractic is to optimize health and strengthen the body to suit any environment.
Did you know…
- Referring your family and friends is helping them be healthier & happier! Chiropractic care is being used by more and more people with excellent results. There has been a 100% increase in the number of people seeing chiropractors in the last 20 years (Spine, 2-1-2002).
- Chiropractic helps communication! There are four vital needs that you must have in order to survive: (1) nourishment (food) (2) water (3) oxygen (4) nerve flow (communication from the brain to the body).
- Chiropractic affects blood chemistry! Patients under long term chiropractic care had higher levels of the blood chemicals associated with effective DNA repair and overall wellness. (Jrnl of Vertebral Subluxation, 2005)
- Chiropractic affects overall body function! In a study of 5607 adults in 7 countries, patients who began chiropractic care without any neuromusculoskeletal complaints reported an improvement in allergies, breathing, circulation, digestion, asthma, hearing and heart function. (Self-reported non-musculoskeletal responses to chiropractic intervention. Jrnl of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 28, 294-302)
- Poor posture leads to poor health! In a study of 752 adults that were x-rayed (full spine), all measures of health status showed significantly poorer scores as C7 plumb line deviation increased. Even minor forward head/body position was shown to be detrimental to a patient’s overall health. (The Impact of positive sagittal balance in adult spinal deformity. Spine. 2005, 4, S113-S114)
- Chiropractic reduces pain, restores health and saves money! Musculoskeletal conditions are the leading cause of disability affecting 1 in 3 Americans and costs our society an estimated $254 billion every year.
- Your choices matter to your health! In a study that followed over 3000 people changing four habits: (1) Not smoking (2) 3.5 hours exercise per week (3) Healthier diet (4) Healthier body weight; the results showed diabetes decreased by 93%, heart attacks decreased by 81%, strokes decreased by 50% and the occurrence of cancer decreased by 38%. (Archives of Internal Medicine)
- Chiropractic increases the health of the workplace! Chiropractic care can save money and enhance employee options. (Wall Street Journal, 2-22-2004)
- Chiropractic is much safer! There are over 100,000 accidental deaths caused by medical providers each year. The risk of complications with NSAID’s (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, like aspirin) is 3.2 in 1000. The risk of complication in cervical (neck) spine surgeries is 15.6 in 1000. The risk of complication with a cervical chiropractic adjustment is 6.39 in 10,000,000.
- You can Stop suffering and Start living! Chiropractic is the best treatment for chronic spinal pain showing the best results in the shortest time, least side effects and best results in improved general health. (Spine, July 2003)